- Drafting and review of employment agreements:
- Generating tailored employment agreements to protect against future issues and conflicts.
- Providing advice on essential and non-essential terms, trial periods and hours of work.
- Ensuring employers comply with their legal requirements when employing staff.
- Providing advice on existing employment agreements.
- Providing advice on the different types of employment (permanent / fixed term and casual employment).
Review and Draft Employment Policies
- Including health and safety; and
- Company handbooks
Performance Management / Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs)
- Providing guidance, support and assistance in assessing whether performance management is appropriate and commencing and managing the process.
Change Management, Restructuring Issues and Business Sales
- Planning and implementation of restructuring proposals including down-sizing, mergers and acquisitions, contracting out, sale of business.
- Providing advice on the consultation process.
- Review of documentation and advice on substance.
- Providing guidance in carrying out disestablishment / redundancy processes and advice on the obligations of employers.
Reviews and Disciplinary Processes including warnings and dismissals
- Providing assistance and representation in commencing and managing disciplinary processes including warnings, dismissals and investigations.
- Advising on the correct processes for making decisions about warnings and dismissals and provide support throughout the process.
- Advising on low level up front resolution of issues.
- Advising on healthy workplaces.
Employment Relationship Issues including Privacy, Health & Safety
- Advice on bullying and harassment issues.
- Advice regarding culture and perception of the workplace.
- Advice on legislative obligations in relation to employment issues in both the public and private sector.
- How to manage stress in the workplace.
Employment Law Compliance
- Advice based on employer statutory obligations
- We provide advice on the following Acts:
- Employment Relations Act 2000
- Holidays Act 2003
- Parental Leave and Employment Protection Act 1987
- Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Human Rights Act 1993
- A variety of commercial and civil statutes
- We conduct independent investigations relating to workplace related matters as well as provide assistance with reviews of processes and incidents.
Mediation, the Employment Relations Authority and the Employment Court
- Representation in employment mediations and hearings.
Grievances and Dispute Resolution
- Assistance in resolving employment relationship problems and personal grievances
- Negotiating terms of settlement
- Provision of advice to clients engaged in, or defending, employment claims
- Attending mediations
- Representation of clients in the Employment Relations Authority or other courts regarding employment matters
Provide advice on post-employment issues including Restraints of Trade, Non-Solicitation and Protection of Confidential Information
Unions and Collective Bargaining
- Assisting and representing employers engaged in collective bargaining
- Providing advice as to process, bargaining agreements, negotiation strategies and terms and conditions
- Advising on managing industrial disputes (strikes and lockouts)
- Drafting and review of independent contracts:
- Generating tailored independent contracts to protect against future issues and conflicts.
- Providing advice on essential and non-essential terms.
- Providing advise on potential breaches or managing notice of breach.
- Providing advice on existing contracts.
Civil and Commercial Advice and Disputes
- Providing advice and representation in contractual disputes;
- Advice and representation in injunctive relief (such as for passing off);
- Liquidation proceedings;
- Representation at commercial mediation and court appearances.