- Review of proposed employment agreements for employees.
- Review and advise on new, existing or contemplated employment agreements.
- Providing advice on essential and non-essential terms, trial periods and hours of work.
- Ensuring agreements comply with legal requirements.
- Providing advice on existing employment agreements and variations.
- Providing advice on the different types of work from permanent to fixed term or casual employment.
Review and advice on Employment Policies, including health and safety and company handbooks
Performance Management / Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs)
- Providing guidance, support and assistance to employees engaged in performance management processes.
Restructuring and Redundancy
- Providing support and advice for clients affected by disestablishments and redundancy.
- Providing advice on the consultation process.
- Review of documentation and advise on substance.
Reviews and Disciplinary Processes including warnings and dismissals
- Providing assistance and representation to employees involved in disciplinary processes including warnings, dismissals and investigations.
- Providing advice to contractors on termination provisions and potential breaches of contract.
- Environmental issues
- Personnel complaints
- Payment and compliance issues
- Supporting healthy work environments
Employment Relationship Issues including Privacy, Health & Safety
- Advice on bullying and harassment issues
- Advice regarding culture and perception of behaviour in the workplace
- Stress management in the workplace
Employment Law Compliance
- Advice based on employee obligations
- We provide advice on the following Acts:
- Employment Relations Act 2000
- Holidays Act 2003
- Parental Leave and Employment Protection Act 1987
- Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Human Rights Act 1993
- A variety of commercial and civil statutes
Mediation, the Employment Relations Authority and the Employment Court
- Representation for employees in employment related mediations and hearings.
Personal Grievances and Dispute Resolution
- Assistance in resolving employment relationship problems and personal grievances
- Negotiation of terms of settlement
- Provision of advice to clients engaged in, or defending, employment claims
- Attendance at mediations
- Representation in the Employment Relations Authority or other courts regarding employment matters
Advice on post-employment issues including Restraints of Trade, Non-Solicitation and Protection of Confidential Information
Civil and Commercial Advice and Disputes
- Providing advice and representation in contractual disputes;
- Representation at commercial mediation and court appearances.